|Devotion to Our Lady||
Why concern ourselves with prophecies?
First of all, one hears much at the present time about our being in the Great Apostasy foretold by St. Paul (2 Thessalonians 2:3). Research indicates this is most likely not the case. We are to enter the period of the Minor Apostasy or Lesser Apostasy. This will be terrible also, with many lives and souls being lost, but not as terrible as the losses in the Greater Apostasy.
Secondly, one also hears much about our being in the time of Antichrist. A careful study of prophecies, however, indicate that a number of events have yet to be fulfilled before his coming. (This is not to deny the time of Antichrist could indeed be close.)
Thirdly, if future events develop according to these prophecies, it will be just one more proof the Catholic Church is the one, true Church of God.
Fourthly, if these prophecies are true, then the world — each and every one of us — needs more than ever to repent, pray and do penance. So, this book is implicitly a call to spiritual warfare against the forces of Hell let loose on Earth.
Fifthly, historic developments do in fact indicate we have already entered the period foretold by these prophecies.
There are many, many other prophecies which substantiate those which will be covered on these prophecy pages; thus, the number, content, and reinforcement of these predictions is such to demand in justice, so to speak, that they be disseminated. For these prophecies help us to understand what is wrong with our world; it has rejected Christ and His divine counsels and has adopted instead erroneous human counsels suggested by the very enemies of Christ. And these prophecies help us know what we can do about our times — pray and consecrate our lives to God, and prepare ourselves for the coming events.
GENERAL EVENTS or "THE BIG PICTURE"
● Not a two-camp war, but a multi-sided war.
● Not a war only, but a world-wide revolution as well.
● Not simply a man-made holocaust, but also a God-sent chastisement, accompanied by cosmic disturbances.
● To last about four years.
PARTICULAR EVENTS or "ZOOMING IN ON THE BIG PICTURE"
● The whole world will be involved in the fighting.
● A unique feature is the internal disintegration of the Western democracies and the invasion of Western Europe by Arab forces.
● The roles of the U.S.A. and Russia are not clear in the beginning. The U.S.A. may be involved in the Far-East or at home or both. The Russians may want to keep out of the fray at first, while abetting the Arab world, or may be involved in Siberia.
● Civil wars rage in Western Europe.
● The Church is persecuted; the Pope leaves Rome and dies in exile: an anti-pope is installed in Rome; the Catholic Church is split, leaderless and completely disorganized.
● Communism is victorious.
● The Mohammedans invade Europe and commit innumerable atrocities.
● In the West, however, Christians rally around an unexpected leader, an army officer of royal blood, but their chances seem very slim.
● The natural disturbances begin: floods, droughts, famines.
● A comet approaches the Earth: Whole mountains split open; huge tidal waves swallow up low-lying lands; stones fall from the sky; a deadly fog or gas poisons the atmosphere; a prolonged darkness envelops the Earth.
● Two-thirds or three-fourths of the human race is wiped out.
● The powers of evil are shattered. The Christian Prince leads his growing army to battle and wins victory upon victory.
● In West Germany he crushes a Germano-Russian Army. Communism collapses everywhere.
● The Mohammedans are thrown back to the sea. The war is carried to Africa and the Middle East, where the Arab Power is dealt a deadly blow.
● At this stage, if not earlier, U.S. troops come to the assistance of Western Europe.
● Russia and China are converted to Catholicism, as also the Mohammedans. All non-Catholics return to Mother Church.
● A holy Pope is elected; he shows great firmness; and he restores all the former disciplines in the Church.
● All the nations of Western Europe unite and form a new Roman Empire, and accept as their emperor the great Christian Prince, chosen by God, who works hand-in-hand with the holy Pope. The triumph of the Catholic Church is universal.
● The whole world enjoys a period of complete peace and unprecedented prosperity in mutual love and respect among people and nations.
● This great peace will last until the coming of Antichrist.
“And they knew not till the flood came, and took them all away” (Matthew 24:39)