Lucy (Lucia), one of the three seers to whom Our Lady appeared at Fatima, revealed in a 1957 interview with Father Fuentes, that we are living in the end times of the world, and that God has already given the world TWO LAST REMEDIES for the world to both use and profit from, and that THERE WOULD BE NO OTHER REMEDIES GIVEN BY GOD. Sister Lucia disclosed that a final decisive battle was about to be entered into between Our Lady and Satan. She said" "Father, the Most Holy Virgin did not tell me [explicitly] that we are in the last times of the world, but she made me understand this [implicitly] for three reasons.
The first reason is because she told me that the devil is in the mood for engaging in a decisive battle against the Virgin. And a decisive battle is the final battle where one side will be victorious and the other side will suffer defeat. Hence, from now on, we must choose sides. Either we are for God, or we are for the devil; there is no other possibility.
The second reason is because she said, to my cousins as well as to myself, that God is giving two last remedies to the world. They are the Holy Rosary and devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. These are the last two remedies, which signify that there will be no others.
The third reason is because, in the plans of Divine Providence, God always, before He is about to chastise the world, exhausts all other remedies."
Sadly, the world, even the Catholic world, is—for the most part—indifferent to that message. Sister Lucy lamented: "The Blessed Virgin is very sad, for no one pays attention to Her Message." We live as though it were mere fiction! We have the "Titanic" mentality--"O, it can't happen to us! The Ark of the Church won't sink!" But we forget the traumatic and horrific details that Our Lady has revealed regarding the imminent fate of the world:
● "God will strike in an unprecedented way. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth! God will exhaust His wrath upon them, and no one will be able to escape so many afflictions together. The chiefs, the leaders of the people of God, have neglected prayer and penance, and the devil has bedimmed their intelligence. They have become wandering stars which the old devil will drag along with his tail to make them perish. God will allow the old serpent to cause divisions among those who reign in every society and in every family. Physical and moral agonies will be suffered. God will abandon mankind to itself and will send punishments, which will follow, one after the other, for more than thirty-five years. The society of men is on the eve of the most terrible scourges and of gravest events. Mankind must expect to be ruled with an iron rod and to drink from the chalice of the wrath of God." (Words of Our Lady of La Salette, September 19, 1946)
● "Lucifer, together with a large number of demons, will be unchained from Hell; they will put an end to Faith, little by little, even in those dedicated to God. They will blind them in such a way, that, unless they are blessed with a special grace, these people will take on the spirit of these angels of Hell; several religious institutions will lose the Faith entirely and will lose many souls. Evil books will be abundant on earth and the spirits of darkness will spread, everywhere, a universal slackening of all that concerns the service of God." (Words of Our Lady of La Salette, September 19, 1946).
● "The Vicar of my Son will suffer a great deal, because, for a while, the Church will yield to a great persecution, a time of darkness, and the Church will witness a frightful crisis. The true Faith in the Lord having been forgotten, each individual will want to be independent and be superior to people around them. They will abolish civil rights as well as ecclesiastical rights, all order and all justice will be trampled underfoot and only murders, hatred, jealousy, lies and dissension will be seen, without love for country or family. The Holy Father will suffer a great deal. I will be with him until the end and will receive his sacrifice. Evil persons will make attempts on his life several times, to harm him and end his life ... All civil governments will have one and the same plan, which will be to abolish and do away with every religious principle, to make way for materialism, atheism, spiritism and vices of all kinds." (Words of Our Lady of La Salette, September 19, 1946).
● "If my requests are not granted, Russia will spread her errors throughout the world, provoking wars and persecutions against the Church. Many good people will be martyred." (Words of Our Lady at Fatima, 1917).
● "The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, various nations will be annihilated" (Words of Our Lady at Fatima, 1917).
● "Many nations will disappear from the face of the earth, and Russia will be the instrument of heavenly punishment for the world, if we do not obtain beforehand the conversion of that poor nation." (Sister Lucy revealed to Fr. Fuentes, 1957)
● "If men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never have been seen. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity. The good as well as the bad will perish, sparing neither priests nor the faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son." (Words of Our Lady of Akita, October 13, 1973).
These are just a few extracts from a mulitude of Our Lady's dire warnings, given lovingly and compassionately to us, her children, over the course of the years. For how much longer will we shut our ears and close our eyes to what she says? For how much longer will we live in a state of ludicrous denial, wishing and hoping that all of this, like a bad dream, or a nightmare, would go away? Our Lady complains that even the good are not listening to her messages! The solutions of God are rarely based on numbers or quantitative superiority. God would have spared Sodom and Gomorrah, if only 10 just men would have been found. Gedeon's 300 soldiers routed and defeated the innumerable Madianite soldiers. David slew Goliath and put panic into the hearts of the Philistines.
Our Lady, in the 1950's, delivered Lower Austria from Communist occupation and rule. One-in-ten Austrians had been engaged in a round-the-clock Rosary Crusade, begging Our Lady for the deliverance of Austria. As a result of this persevering Rosary Crusade--which had begun in with a handful of persons in 1947, and had risen to approximately 70,000 (1 in 10 Austrians) by 1955--the Communist forces inexplicably withdrew from Austria on May 13, 1955--the anniversary of Our Lady's first apparition at Fatima. To this very day, historians and military strategists are at a loss in explaining why the Communists pulled out of Austria without a shot being fired, or any blood being shed. It was an unprecedented event! Holy Scripture tells us that "if God be for us, who is against us?" (Romans 8:31). There can be no doubt that God is for us and with us, but are we with God, or are we AWOL (Absent Without Official Leave)? God will not do for us what we can do ourselves. He will not fight the battle, while we just stand and watch. God does not do the extraordinary, when the ordinary suffices. God has given us the weapons of battle, but most Catholics have laid down their arms and gone off to play. The Angel of Fatima could well say to us, what he said to Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco! Why are you playing? Don't play, but pray! Pray a great deal! Pray incessantly! The Hearts of Jesus and Mary are watching and listening for your prayers!
God has already given us the last two remedies for the terrible times we live in—are we using them? Are we using them well? Are we using them incessantly? We will only have ourselves to blame at the end of the day! Let us stop playing around and start praying seriously, frequently and well. Especially the Rosary—for that is one of the two last remedies we have been given. In addition to that, let us plant the seeds of a devotion to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary in our souls, and then cultivate and nurture that seed, so that it grows into a true devotion to Mary—one that will save our souls, save the souls of our family and friends, and save the souls of the many sinners that have abandoned God altogether and are on the broad wide road that leads to Hell. God wants them in Heaven, and YOU are part of that solution! Let's get serious and let us go into action! We are here to help you do just that! Ave Maria!
WELCOME, DEAR FRIENDS OF OUR LADY!
Welcome to Devotion to Our Lady! Heaven will certainly not only welcome, but will also reward devotion to Our Lady—in particular a devotion to Our Lady under the titles that Jesus prefers for His Mother above all other titles—the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary—for this devotion is both a remedy for the evils of the days in which we live, as well a pledge of eternal salvation for the days ahead. Hopefully, what you find on this site will help spark and fuel your devotion to Mary—whether be it be new, or something you need to renew. Some have never known her and so have never loved her, or at best, have loved her but little. Others have known and loved her much, but have fallen prey to the ravages of carelessness, neglect and indifference, that have shrouded the once-loving soul within a fog of lukewarmness towards the Mother of God, and their spiritual Mother. Like Prodigal Children, we are all called back to our Mother's embrace, care, protection and service. No matter how lukewarm or evil we may have been, Mary has not ceased to love her poor sinful children, ceaselessly praying and working to bring about their return to her fold. Sadly, so many neglect to respond to the inspirations and graces she obtains for them and are lost!
Yet those who are her true servants—whether they be good and just, or whether they are reformed sinners—they will reap the reward of eternal salvation. This truth has been often repeated throughout the centuries by the Saints, by the Fathers and Doctors of the Church, by Popes and even by Our Lady herself. Even the devils have confirmed this truth. Before we continue, let us take a small sample of the abundant quotes in this regard:
Our Blessed Mother holds such a place in the economy of our redemption that some do not hesitate to state that devotion to her is a necessary condition of salvation.
St. Albert the Great (1193-1280 AD), a Doctor of the Church, says: "They who are not thy servants, O Mary, shall perish!"
St. Bonaventure (1221-1274 AD), a Doctor of the Church, repeats the same thought when he says: "They who neglect the service of Mary shall die in their sins!" The same saint also says: "For them, from whom Mary turns away her face, there is not even a hope of salvation!"
St. Ignatius of Antioch (35-107 AD), a Father of the Church, a martyr of the second century, writes: "A sinner can be saved only through the Holy Virgin who, by her merciful prayers, obtains salvation for so many who, according to strict justice, would be lost."
If a lack of devotion to her is a mark of eternal reprobation a constant love for her must be a sign of eternal salvation. Many spiritual writers state that devotion to Mary is a sign of predestination.
St. Alphonsus Liguori (1696-1787 AD), a Doctor of the Church, says: "It is impossible that a servant of Mary be damned, provided he serves her faithfully and commends himself to her maternal protection."
St. Anselm (1033-1109 AD), a Doctor of the Church, writes: "He who turns to thee and is regarded by thee cannot be lost."
St. Antonine (1389-1459 AD), is of the same opinion. He says: "As it is impossible for them from whom Mary turns away her eyes of mercy to be saved, so it is necessary that they to whom she turns her eyes of mercy and for whom she intercedes to be saved and glorified."
As if we needed it, here is the testimony of the devils, as recounted by St. Louis_Marie de Montfort, in his book Secret of the Rosary, where he takes an example from the life of the great St. Dominic, founder of the Dominican Order. St. Dominic was performing an exorcism and implored Our Lady to make the devils speak out. This she did and this is what they said:
"O, you who are our enemy, our downfall and our destruction, why have you come from Heaven to torture us so grievously? O Advocate of sinners, you who snatch them from the very jaws of Hell, you who are a most sure path to Heaven, must we, in spite of ourselves, tell the whole truth and confess before everyone who it is who is the cause of our shame and our ruin? O, woe to us, princes of darkness!
"Then listen, you Christians! This Mother of Jesus is most powerful in saving her servants from falling into hell. She is like the sun which destroys the darkness of our wiles and subtlety. It is she who uncovers our hidden plots, breaks our snares, and makes our temptations useless and ineffective.
"We have to say, however, reluctantly, that no soul who has really persevered in her service has ever been damned with us; one single sigh, that she offers to the Blessed Trinity, is worth far more than all the prayers, desires, and aspirations of all the saints. We fear her more than all the other saints in Heaven together, and we have no success with her faithful servants.
"Many Christians, who call on her at the hour of death and who really ought to be damned according to our ordinary standards, are saved by her intercession. And if that Marietta (it is thus in their fury they called her) did not counter our plans and our efforts, we should have overcome the Church and destroyed it long before this, and caused all the Orders in the Church to fall into error and infidelity." (Secret of the Rosary, "Thirty-Third Rose").
At Fatima, in 1917, Our Lady confirmed this with the words: “Jesus ... wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. To whomever embraces this devotion I promise salvation; these souls shall be dear to God ... My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God.” (Our Lady of Fatima, June 13, 1917).
It is a lack of devotion to Our Lady that is a major cause of many of the evils both in our own private lives and in the public life of the whole world. The Blessed Father Frederick Faber points this out so eloquently in the Preface of his personal translation of St. Louis de Montfort's book, True Devotion to Mary:
"All those who are likely to read this book [True Devotion to Mary], love God, and lament that they do not love Him more; all desire something for His glory—the spread of some good work, the success of some devotion, the coming of some good time. One man has been striving for years to overcome a particular fault, and has not succeeded. Another mourns, and almost wonders while he mourns, that so few of his relations and friends have been converted to the Faith. One grieves that he has not devotion enough; another that he has a cross to carry which is a peculiarly impossible cross to him; while a third has domestic troubles and family unhappinesses which feel almost incompatible with his salvation; and for all these things prayer appears to bring so little remedy.
"But what is the remedy that is wanted? What is the remedy indicated by God Himself? If we may rely on the disclosures of the saints, it is an immense increase of devotion to our Blessed Lady; but, remember, nothing short of an immense one. Here in England, Mary is not half enough preached. Devotion to her is low and thin and poor. It is frightened out of its wits by the sneers of heresy. It is always invoking human respect and carnal prudence, wishing to make Mary so little of a Mary, that Protestants may feel at ease about her. Its ignorance of theology makes it unsubstantial and unworthy. It is not the prominent characteristic of our religion which it ought to be. It has no faith in itself. Hence it is that Jesus is not loved, that heretics are not converted, that the Church is not exalted; that souls which might be saints wither and dwindle; that the Sacraments are not rightly frequented, or souls enthusiastically evangelized.
"Jesus is obscured because Mary is kept in the background. Thousands of souls perish because Mary is withheld from them. It is the miserable, unworthy shadow which we call our devotion to the Blessed Virgin that is the cause of all these wants and blights, these evils and omissions and declines. Yet, if we are to believe the revelations of the saints, God is pressing for a greater, a wider, a stronger, quite another devotion to His Blessed Mother. I cannot think of a higher work or a broader vocation for anyone than the simple spreading of this peculiar devotion of the Venerable Grignion de Montfort. Let a man but try it for himself, and his surprise at the graces it brings with it, and the transformations it causes in his soul, will soon convince him of its otherwise almost incredible efficacy as a means for the salvation of men, and for the coming of the kingdom of Christ. O, if Mary were but known, there would be no coldness to Jesus then! O, if Mary were but known, how much more wonderful would be our faith, and how different would our Communions be! O, if Mary were but known, how much happier, how much holier, how much less worldly should we be, and how much more should we be living images of our sole Lord and Savior, her dearest and most blessed Son!" (Preface to the True Devotion to Mary, Fr. Faber's translation).
As the Blessed Father Faber says: "Mary is not half enough preached. Devotion to her is low and thin and poor!" What was true in Faber's time (the 1800's) is even more so the case today. Hence the reason for this humble website. We wish to make Mary known, so that Mary can be loved. Help us in that regard. Send a link for this website to all your family, relatives, friends and acquaintances. God wishes to establish devotion to the Immaculate Heart in this world, says Our Lady, and Father Faber says that he cannot think of a higher work, or a broader vocation for anyone. than the simple spreading of this devotion to Our Lady. Let us do it! Ave Maria!